Please Note: The views expressed by the authors of this blog are personal and independent. They do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the adjoining authors or of the blog as a whole.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Why didn't I think of that Wednesday- Mermaid Party

I know when I have a birthday theme in mind I search pinterest for ideas. Today I'll be giving you some Mermaid party ideas. Mostly snacks for kids. Some are so simple and when I saw them I totally had the "Why didn't I think of that!" moment. And because I'm cheap, they are affordable too. :)

 Some of the table set up, the "backdrop" (sorry, didn't get a good photo of it) is three of the $1 vinyl tablecloths sliced and then hung on top of each other. I knotted the top so the colors would mix nicely.
 These were our party favors. We had a sign next to them that said "Thanks for fishing me a happy birthday! Love, Zoey" They are actually soap, so the kids can wash their hands with them, and once they get to the middle they get the plastic fishy. These can be found on Etsy, or you can make them yourselves with clear glycerin soap. You melt it, pour it in the bag, stick in your fishy and let it harden. If anyone is interested I can make a better tutorial on that in another post.
 Cupcakes with a simple mermaid printable on top
 We did a lot of different sea creatures, and two colors of icing. Just to give the kiddos some variety.
 Giant Marshmallows dipped in white chocolate (with blue food coloring) and crushed graham crackers.
 All the kids loved the Clam cookies! These are so simple and cute. It's just sugar cookies with pink frosting and a Mento stuck in for the "pearl". I think white whoppers would look better since they are actually round, but couldn't find any.
 Water bottles with a "Mermaid springs water, from under the sea" label
 The easiest snack of the day, a bowl of goldfish. Ha ha. It was easy for the little kids to snack on.
Zoey modeling her mermaid dress. According to her the party was "the best day ever" and that's all that matters!



5 comments:

  1. aw, I want a girl! :) lol. Great ideas! I especially loved the glycerin and fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute, Mandi! Love those ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I goodness, too cute!! Can you just zip over to VA next month and plan my son's 9th birthday? That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! and loved how it all turned out!!! super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Lend us some sugar... we are your neighbors!

Join-in the discussion by joining our Conversation Lounge on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TETOConvoLounge/