Please Note: The views expressed by the authors of this blog are personal and independent. They do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the adjoining authors or of the blog as a whole.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

All little about my Crazy Life



Where to begin? I've never been very good at introductions, I'm not sure what to say because I'm not a particularly interesting person. Some days the most exciting thing that happens to me is throwing rocks in the river with my daughters. It's a lot of fun, but not that exciting to read about. So, I'll just give you the basic details.

My name is Mandi, I'm originally from Utah and in 2006 I got married to the man of my dreams. He's in the Army and for the past 8 years I've been following him around trying to find the best out of everywhere we live. Some places are easier than others, at our last Duty station one of my very favorite things was simply the amazing array of Salsa they had at the local market, I love to cook with Salsa! Anyway, we got a bit off track there...

 My husband and I have been blessed with two sweet girls, Zoey was born June 2007 while Daddy was in Iraq. I moved back to Utah while he was away so the lucky girl is a Utahn just like Mom and Dad! Our second daughter Paige followed in May 2011, this time Daddy got to be there and she is our little Texan!

Being a Mommy is what I've always wanted. I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mom, which most days is amazing and other days puts me on the verge of checking into a mental institution so I can get a chance at alone time. But really, my girls are my best friends. Wherever we move, whatever life throws at us, they are my one constant and I love that.

We're currently living in Alaska and exploring all it has to offer. We love the outdoors and we're excited to have the chance to live somewhere that we can go fishing in our backyard, camping 5 minutes away and see wildlife right outside the front door. Zoey wants to see Daddy fight a bear, I just hope to survive the extreme winters!

I'm happy to get a chance to share my perspectives on life and motherhood on "To Each Their Own" and hope that my posts will be enjoyable to readers each week.


6 comments:

  1. On the contrary, I thought that was a marvelous introduction!! :)
    Having recently made my first real move, I was really inspired by how you try to find the best things in every place that you live. Moving is hard. Your attitude is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandi! I love having two girls, too. I have so much respect for families who are in the military. I can't imagine moving so much! I'm excited to hear about your adventures in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, boys outnumber girls 11 to 5. Brings new meaning to "the Priesthood is restored."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaska sounds like so much fun! I also love the outdoors! Growing up I always had my stash of dirt and bugs tucked away somewhere. I still feel like a little girl when I get the chance to be close to nature and away from the city.

    You are so positive about moving so much! I won't complain so much next time I have to pack and move (:

    Nice to get to know you more! Looking forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my daughter. She has a "Discovery Jar" AKA a jar filled with sticks, dirt, rocks and dead bugs. Ha ha.

      Delete
  5. I love the family photo you posted in the beginning of the post! It is so cute! I haven't seen that one yet. You may think you are boring and uninteresting but I think you are always eventful! You keep me pretty entertained! :D Maybe I am boring and uneventful myself! Tee-hee! Alaska is going to be the best post we have been to yet I think!

    ReplyDelete

Lend us some sugar... we are your neighbors!

Join-in the discussion by joining our Conversation Lounge on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TETOConvoLounge/