Please Note: The views expressed by the authors of this blog are personal and independent. They do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the adjoining authors or of the blog as a whole.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Story of Michelle



Hi, my name is Michelle.

I was born, raised, and stuck in Florida. I was a band geek in middle school and high school. I was also boy crazy. I always had a crush on some cutie I’d be convinced I would marry someday—which kind of explains why I seem to only have boys…

In 2007, I graduated high school, sent off a missionary/future husband (or so I thought), got my first job, my first car, and started college. To the predication of my missionary’s mission leader (not that he knew me specifically), I was engaged to someone else within 6 months (almost to the day).  This someone else happened to make a very bad first impression on my mother before we ever actually met him (he corrected the stake choir director during rehearsal). I was warned to never marry someone like him but the warnings went unheeded and on our first date my mom knew we’d end up getting married. Best choice of my life! (By the way turns out my mom and husband share the same birthday…different years of course).

Within a year of graduating high school and 3 weeks before my 19th birthday I became Mrs. Alex Tweed, Marine Corps wife. Seven months later he deployed to Iraq for a year. Luckily for my nerves, it was a very boring tour. During that year I got a crash course in managing a house (small apartment), job, running a budget, and I also completed my Associates degree. To this day I am still taking that crash course!!


He came home in October of 2009. We got pregnant that December and then he deployed again in January 2010. This time it was a voluntary deployment to the Asia area (he was really close to having enough active duty time in to qualify for 100% G.I. Bill for going to school a.k.a. free college!). During that deployment I bought a house that we had looked at once before he left. When we first put in our offer it was a short sale. For some reason they never responded to our offer and just foreclosed on the house which was frustrating, but that turned out to be a HUGE blessing because I ended up getting it for dirt cheap (HUGE blessing!). So I packed up the apartment, unpacked the house, and had the kitchen renovated. Did I mention all the amazing help and support I had? So much!

Alex got home 3 weeks before I gave birth to our 7lb 14oz Parker at a local birth center (a.k.a. NO drugs). We loved him so much we decided to have another one 18 months later! This time labor was crazy fast! Contractions started at 5pm, got to the birth center at 9pm, and had a 10lb 7oz Henry! It was a sweet mercy that it was as fast as it was because this was again withOUT drugs. Now here I am again pregnant with yet another boy with what is going to be another 18 month age difference. This one was not planned but we are excited regardless!



Right now life feels even crazier than it did when my husband was deployed! He is currently working full time (doing a job he hates but pays the bills), going to school full time (…well taking the summer off but will start up again in the fall), just signed up for another 8 years serving in the Marine Corps Reserve, and serves as Scout Master and Young Men's  1st Counselor at church. He works his tail off to provide for our family and serve the Lord. It puts a lot on me at home which is really hard a lot of the time but despite it being hard I know I am incredibly blessed.

So that’s where I am right now in life. I am a pretty laid back mom that is blessed enough to get to stay at home with my boys. I take them to the zoo and the indoor play place at the mall. They love to explore the backyard, gather bugs, sticks, and help the dogs hunt for lizards. I let them play in the sprinkler and get all wet and dirty because it makes them happy AND wears them out which is always a plus!! 


My boys are lovers of cheese sticks, apples, bananas, lollipops, crushed ice, ice cream, playing with balls, story time, singing time, bath time, and especially Daddy time!

I am a lover of cooking, eating (funny how those two always go together), grilling, sewing, bargain shopping, chocolate, Krispy Kreme donuts (my weakness), sitting on the couch and just chatting with girlfriends, sneaking in a little hulu, and I LOVE pinterest!!! I also love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is something that is near and dear to my heart. I know that it has been a major part in getting me to where I am now.

My life is nothing but blessings. I have an eternal family. We are healthy. We are not rich but we have exactly what we need. We don’t have family nearby anymore, but I have some of the best friends I could ever ask for!! I would love to leave this Florida weather behind but it would be sooo hard to leave all of the wonderful people.

I’ve loved all of the posts from the bloggers of To Each Their Own this week. It is wonderful to get to know so many moms that are all so different but the same. We come in all different shapes and sizes but we all strive to do the very best we can for the family and God we love so much!

Remember that when life feels hard, it’s nothing but blessings! Always find something to learn in the trial at hand. We are all given the specific trials that we have because Heavenly Father knows we can handle it. We also have to remember he will always be there for us. All we have to do is ask. (I hear myself telling my kids “Just use your words and ask!” You think Heavenly Father feels the same way??)


We’ve got this ladies!! 
We’ve got this!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are wonderful! I am so proud of the woman you have become! You are a great example to all you meet. You are so strong and have so much to offer. I am grateful that you and Alex are together for you are a great balance and compliment to one another.I love you forever... but wouldn't mind you leaving Florida behind... Hardest thing I have ever done but do really love the west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post Michelle! You're such a great mama. I can't wait to meet the newest Tweed. You've most DEFINITELY got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grrr...that was me, Jenny, NOT Mike. I didn't sign in first. Oops! :)

      Delete
  3. I like the part about being "stuck" on Florida. Lol I know the feeling... I don't mind for now though. I hate snow so that's a point for the sunshine state. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remind me of me when I first started out a few years ago.... well a little longer than that I guess. I have 10 kids now but my first 3 were girls and they were all 14 months apart. My husband was active duty AF and I married him 2 weeks before I turned 19. I remember how busy my days were and how tired I would get. I also remember all the hugs and little arms needing, wanting and resting on my lap. It can be over whelming but don't let it get you down, you are doing a wonderful job and remember, the Lord sent these sweet little ones to YOU because you were the PERFECT MOM for THEM!! Just remember that when you think you aren't doing good enough or you are comparing yourself with someone else because I know you do, we ALL do...wish we didn't but just remember YOU are what those boys need and YOU are the BEST!! Great job there mom and God bless you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lend us some sugar... we are your neighbors!

Join-in the discussion by joining our Conversation Lounge on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TETOConvoLounge/