Please Note: The views expressed by the authors of this blog are personal and independent. They do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the adjoining authors or of the blog as a whole.

Monday, June 17, 2013

My Awkward Teenage Introduction

The first thing you should know about me is that I am supremely unoriginal. No, I'm not being modest. No, I'm not self-bashing. It actually doesn't bother me because what I lack in originality, I make up for in mimicking skills. I'm an excellent copy-cat. Google and I? Well, we're close.

So under normal circumstances I would blog-stalk. I'd read everyone else's introductory post and then I'd change important things like names and dates, I might tell a joke. For the most part, however, I'd follow the template provided by my previous posters. The problem with this situation is that there are no previous posters. I'm the previous in this scenario. In other words, I have no idea what to write.

I feel like a teenager introducing myself to a new group, worried that I have food stuck in my braces or my sneakers are not the trendy kind.

I suppose in following the definition of an "introduction", I can start with the very basic, the who, what, when, where and how. Hello, my name is Jenny. And much like Lucy Pevensie, I am a human, specifically a girl. And when? Well, it's been a while (let's not dwell on that shall we?). I was born and raised in Virginia and lived there until December of 2012. I now reside in Florida, it even says so on my ID (though I've heard those lie on occasion). I haven't changed my license plates yet, I'm not ready for that level of commitment. Oh, and the how. Obviously, I came from a pea pod. Everyone knows that.

As for writing, it's always been a love of mine. I once read a book that says that most writers are (or were at some point) socially awkward. This explains a lot.

When free time is available, I love to spend it reading. I was an English major in college and have enjoyed dabbling in some free lance writing. I would love to take it up a notch at some point, if my childhood dream of becoming a mermaid doesn't work out.

I'm excited to be a part of "To Each Their Own". My love of the written word comes in second to my love of being a wife and mother. Combining the two is a little slice of Heaven. Motherhood, after all, is not so different from slaying dragons or falling through wardrobes, even if the dragons are more like carrot-sized cockroaches and the wardrobe looks more like an over-flowing laundry basket.

Here's to the adventure ahead!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny,
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there is nothing unoriginal about any part of the amazing you. I'm so excited to read this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Jenny, can I be your friend? You're fab-u-lous. Loved your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored your blog and the honesty. I googled sample introduction blogs prior to my blog. I didn't find anything too helpful, but I totally understand! Loved your analogies! (:

    I look forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great writer! Your post intimidated me a bit, I don't have a way with words like you do. Lol. But I too am very close with google, I google everything. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lend us some sugar... we are your neighbors!

Join-in the discussion by joining our Conversation Lounge on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TETOConvoLounge/