Please Note: The views expressed by the authors of this blog are personal and independent. They do not necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the adjoining authors or of the blog as a whole.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

So...there's this blog...

So there’s this thing called a blog. A blog that I’m supposed to write for every Wednesday. A blog that has a theme each week. This week’s theme (summer recipes) should have been a piece of cake (pun intended) for me since I love cooking.

But there’s also this thing called life. And a dog. Yes, we got a dog. For a whooping six days… Today (Tuesday) she went back to the shelter after agonizing over the decision all weekend. I’m gonna miss my girl. But she, sadly, wasn’t the right fit for us. One day it won’t be so sad, but today it is a sad day for our family.



With all this said, recipes just haven’t been on my mind, let alone finding a moment to take pictures of me making something.

BUT I do love to cook so I figured I could, at the very least, share a couple of websites that I frequent, well, frequently to build my meal plans:

Skinny Taste—Gina creates all of her own recipes skinny style. Each recipe also has Weight Watcher points all figured out if you’re into that sort of counting :). I have yet to make something of hers that wasn’t amazing. Seriously, my mouth waters just thinking about her website. Her chicken enchiladas and cilantro lime rice have been a staple in our home for years.

A is for Abel—one of my dear Texas friends, Courtney, created this blog. Basically, I hate her for it because her pictures and stories make me drool. Just kidding, I also love her because she feeds me yummy food all of the time J. Want a heartwarming story? Check out this post.

100 Days of Real Food—confession:  I like organic and healthy things. Well, not enough to not buy McDonald’s pancakes. But enough to Google “low calorie” or “healthy” or “dairy free” or “no GMOs”. And enough to try and prepare meals that are as unprocessed as possible without going insane. This site helps me do just that. And although they don’t curb the Mickey D pancake cravings, her Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes are gulped down even by the banana hater in my house. I also love making her slow cooker whole chicken and subsequent homemade chicken broth.

Well Folks, that’s that. I now declare a week of rest for this tired (physically and emotionally) Mama. Ha, if only!



4 comments:

  1. This is actually really great! I think we're all struggling this week- even with our "easy" topic. Haha but we're still trying!!! I will be frequenting tides websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these! My family is in such a rut this summer thanks to this pregnancy and now that I'm feeling better I'm feeling more willing to try new things and cook more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bread story by A is for Abel! Courtney is as amazing as her food is delightful! And I know first hand how yummy it is! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lend us some sugar... we are your neighbors!

Join-in the discussion by joining our Conversation Lounge on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TETOConvoLounge/